6/30/2004

Students urge a U.S. war on alcohol

Why is this the government's job? Whatever happened to preaching personal responsibility? How about we declare war on stupidity? How about a war on sloth? How about a war on ignorance?

My issue with these types of "wars" is that the focus is ALWAYS on government solving societal ills rather than people. I'm tired of everyone telling me what I should or should not do. I'm not a child and I know what's best for me and my family...the government does not. I have a vested interest in my behavior, government could care less about me personally.

6 Comments:

Blogger eskadoni said...

don't they know how to open a history book? this won't work regardless of there reasons.

June 30, 2004 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger eskadoni said...

wow. i meant "their" reasons, not "there" reasons.

June 30, 2004 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Liberal_Slayer said...

The don't teach history in school anymore. It's all politically correct history. Education is no longer education...it's re-education into Communist Doctrine.

July 1, 2004 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger eskadoni said...

seeing as you attacking my lively-hood, i'll let you make a full and informed argument before responding.

July 1, 2004 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Liberal_Slayer said...

Then you really won't like it when I attack public school education. It isn't the teachers as much as the establishment (NEA, etc.).

July 1, 2004 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

It is strange: Us being on opposite political spectrums, yet agreeing on so much. Does it say more about us? or does it say more about the labels we use to classify ourselves? I'd say niether, it says more about the sources of news we cite.

July 19, 2004 at 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home