5/23/2004

Wow, I'm behind on a LOT of things

I'm behind on my reading...well, kinda-sorta. I started Edu-Crisis, but when David Horowitz' book arrived, I started that as well. Now I'm 1/2 way through both. Does anyone else do this? Start one book...get halfway through and then start another? I didn't intend it that way...I just read the preface and before I knew it, I was 50 pages into the book! :-0

I really need to take some time to finish my speedreading class...suddenly, 600wpm doesn't seem fast enough. So much to read, so little time. That doesn't include all of the stupid magazines I subscribe to either (Maxim, Stuff, CGW, PCGamer, NewsMax, The Hockey News). The sucky thing about a magazine is that I usually read it cover to cover in about 30-45 minutes. Not sure if I'm getting my money's worth there...but I do enjoy them all.

I've also been sidetracked by the development of my website (www.liberal-antithesis.com), which currently redirects to my blog. Since I'm a server admin by trade, deciding how to develop my website (FrontPage/Dreamweaver/etc) is proving difficult since I know how I want it to look, but I can't find any templates that really capture what I'm after. Currently, I'm in the midst of deciding which development tools I want to use. Either way, I'm going to have to learn more than HTML. Ugh...I've made a career avoiding programming...looks like I'm going to learn some of it after all.

I have a number of rants lined up, but I haven't had the time to properly research my position on each. Since Charles Melin took me to task for not adding links in support of my argument (he had a good point), I need to do research (both online and offline) for each of my positions. My opinions weren't created out of thin air, but in order to strengthen my arguments and perhaps get a liberal thinking (I know it's a stretch), I need to cite my sources. I guess I set myself up for that type of response when I took liberals to task in my earlier post for NOT having the ability to make an argument or support one. Opinion is easy...supporting it takes thought and research. For some strange reason, I find that fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger eskadoni said...

i hope you get your site up and running. it has been disappointing coming here and not seeing anything new. hockey news, huh? go blue jackets!

May 23, 2004 at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home